We'd love to hear from you!
Send us your suggestions and comments.
If your query is related municipal services, one of our staff members will gladly attend to your query as soon as possible and may contact you for more information.
Alternatively write, call or visit our offices:
Municipality of Otjiwarongo
PO Box 2209
No. 2 Kreft Street
Tel: (+264)67 302 231
Fax: (+264)67 302 098
Thanks! Your message has been sent.
Please allow for 24 hours response time as we try and obtain the best solutions for your request.
PUBLIC NOTICE (COMMUNITY MEETING)
Otjiwarongo Municipality would like to invite the community to a public meeting scheduled as follows:
Date : 28 July 2016
Time : 17:30
Venue : Swanevelder Hall
Topic : Information Sharing- Street Naming Committee Nominations
For more information please call the office of the Public Relations Officer @ 067 302231.
Thanking you in advance.
Municipal Offices I /HOWOSEB
2 Kreft Street CEO
Private Bag 2209
“ Otjiwarongo – Cheetah capital of the world”
Spot it, Report it.
Why not make your holiday an opportunity to help conserve Namibian wildlife by becoming a field researcher for carnivore species while you travel through the country? Carnivores across Africa are in decline and YOU can help to save some of the most exciting and iconic species on the planet by downloading* CARNIVORE TRACKER to your smart phone from the links below. Join the increasing number of citizen scientists contributing to the long-term survival of our wild carnivores by keeping the conservation community informed on animal numbers and locations simply by registering a sighting. For more information on the project visit: www.cheetah.org/carnivore-tracker And why not check out our Promotional Video on youtube: search Carnivore Tracker Join and follow us on Facebook: search Carnivore Tracker, Tweet us @CTapp_Namibia Download the free Carnivore Tracker at: *Even if you didn’t pay for an international mobile phone plan, you can still use your GPS for free, as it relies on satellites and not mobile phone towers which uses 0 data. Project by the Large Carnivore Management Association of Namibia
What is a betterment fee?
It is a levy that is charged on lands within areas where the value of land has increased as a result of the construction within those areas of certain development projects.
Guidelines for charging of betterment fees as per table below:
Deposit prepayment system
|PREVIOUS ZONING||CURRENT ZONING||MAXIMUM BETTERMENT FEE %|
|Institutional, private open space – no subsidized price||Residential 1Residential 2||50%|
|Institutional, private open space – no subsidized price||Office, Business||50%|
|Institutional, private open space – subsidized price applicable||Any other zoning||75%Where land had been provided at a subsidized value which is not going to be recovered in any other way.|
|Residential 1||Higher density residential||20%|
|Residential 1||Residential 2||20%|
|Residential 1, Residential 2||Office or Business||40%|
|Residential 1, Residential 2, business||Industrial||30%|
|Office or Business||Increase in bulk||30%|
|Any zone||Institutional||No betterment fee|
|Any zone||Special||On own merits up to 50%|
|Undetermined Agriculture||Any zone||30%|
|Special||Any zone||No betterment fee|
|Any zone – where an unauthorised activity or illegal building works is being legalised||Any zone||75%Only when legalized use is authorized in terms of the scheme. (Unauthorised uses to be terminated if not compatible with surrounding land uses)|
|State (Owned by Government)||Any zone||No betterment fee payable provided land is and remains in State ownership|
|State (state owned enterprises)||Any zone||Betterment fee based on existing legal usage before rezoning.|
|Municipal||Any zone||No betterment fee|
|Township development on private land||Any zone||30%|
For more information contact the office of the Town Engineer @ 067 30 2231
Otjiwarongo Municipality would like to inform the community members of the following:
- The informal settlement is a non-proclaimed area and belongs to municipality. (meaning it is not a formally developed area where people can buy and own a plot)
- No one is allowed to sell a plot or land in the informal settlement because it belongs to the municipality
- No exchanged or hand over of plot to another person without municipality’s consent or approval. If found guilty contracts of those will be cancelled immediately and the plot will be allocated to another tenant.
- Permanent structures are NOT ALLOWED. If erected it is at the applicants own risk!!!
- Illegal squatting or building on spaces not allocated by the municipality is not allowed and the owner will be penalized
- No alcoholic trading businesses or shebeens will be allowed on residential plots.
- Any other buildings e.g. flats, kindergartens, churches will only be allowed upon approval and authorization by the municipality.
- The plots are not automatically inheritable or transferable upon death of a lessee. It will revert back to the municipality.
- Crop fields in the informal settlement and outskirts are not allowed.
- Keeping of animals such as goats, cattle, horses, pigs are not allowed in the informal settlement according to the Health regulations Act of the Local Authority. If found the animals will be impounded and the owner will be penalised.
NB: Otjiwarongo Municipality is not liable for damages caused on permanent structures in the informal settlement and also for the refund of fees in the case of plot exchanges or purchase between the two individuals.
For more information please do not hesitate to call the office of the Public Relations Ms Adel Shilongo, Mr John Hinda and/or Mr Nickanor Muranda @ 067 302231. via email: email@example.com
Hence all the existing businesses are urged to renew their business licences before on or before the 3oth April 2016.
Please note: an inspection fee must be paid at the Town Treasurer before a certificate can be issued
A late charge on re-registration per month is 50% of Tariff after due date.