We'd love to hear from you!
Send us your suggestions and comments.
If your query is related municipal services, one of our staff members will gladly attend to your query as soon as possible and may contact you for more information.
Alternatively write, call or visit our offices:
Municipality of Otjiwarongo
PO Box 2209
No. 2 Kreft Street
Tel: (+264)67 302 231
Fax: (+264)67 302 098
Thanks! Your message has been sent.
Please allow for 24 hours response time as we try and obtain the best solutions for your request.
VACANCY : GIS TECHNICIAN
NOTICE NO: 4 / 2017
The Otjiwarongo Municipality as an equal opportunity employer invites all interested candidates who have the necessary qualifications and experience to apply for the above-mentioned vacancy. All applications should reach the office of the Strategic Executive: Corporate Services & Human Resources on the under-mentioned address on or before 20th MARCH 2017.
Primary Purpose of the Job
Management of Geographic Information System (GIS), mapping and land information for Otjiwarongo Municipality.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- * Urban planning & development.
- * Infrastructure mapping (sewerage reticulation, water reticulation, road network)
- * GPS field data collection
- * Capture, manipulate and store digital data to update and maintain base plans, land use, zoning maps cadastre and infrastructure maps.
- * Map design, plotting and printing
- * Identification of boundary beacons/pegs
- * Aerial /Ortho photography Interpretation
- * Provide technical assistance in Computer Aided Design (CAD)
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- * National Diploma in Urban Land or Land Use Planning.
- * Extensive knowledge of GIS System
In return of the services, the Otjiwarongo Municipality:
- * A competitive salary
- * Medical Aid
- * Ample vacation– and sick leave
- * 13th Cheque
- * Pension Fund
- * Housing Scheme
- The successful candidate is expected to commence with duty on 01 MAY 2017.
- Applicants who are interested should apply in writing to the:
- Strategic Executive: Corporate Services & Administration
- Private Bag 2209
- 2 Kreft Street
*** PLEASE NOTE:
No documents will be returned and only short listed candidates will be notified. No faxes will be accepted.