We'd love to hear from you!
Send us your suggestions and comments.
If your query is related municipal services, one of our staff members will gladly attend to your query as soon as possible and may contact you for more information.
Alternatively write, call or visit our offices:
Municipality of Otjiwarongo
PO Box 2209
No. 2 Kreft Street
Tel: (+264)67 302 231
Fax: (+264)67 302 098
Thanks! Your message has been sent.
Please allow for 24 hours response time as we try and obtain the best solutions for your request.
Applying for Water connections/ disconnections
- A personal application may not be done on behalf of another person. Applications on behalf of companies/institutions/organisations must be signed by a director or duly authorised representative and the application must bear the official stamp.
- An identification document must be produced with the application. Please state the type of identification (e.g. Namibian ID, German Passport, etc.) on the form.
- Please show the Title Deed or, if the property to be serviced is rented, your Lease Agreement to the enquiry officer.
- Please remember to fill in a disconnection form when vacating the premises as you remain liable for the basic charges and consumption of electricity and/or water until a completed disconnection form is received and processed (an acknowledgement will be handed to you).
- Municipal service accounts are mailed about the 15th day of each month. If you have not received your account by the 30th day of the following month, please contact our Front office Agents immediately (telephone No. 067 302231).
- Your account must be paid not later than the 7th day of the month following the month in which the account was rendered. If the 7th day is not a working day, the next working day will be the last day for payment. Please pay your account as early as possible to avoid the long queues at the month end and the last day for payment.
- Please compare the meter numbers and meter readings stated on your statement with the numbers and readings shown by the meters you are using to ensure that you are correctly charged.
- Take your water meter readings at least once per week to detect leakages timeously and also to report meters which got stuck.
- If you want to query high consumptions please take your meter readings before you come to us.
- Report if immediately if your water consumption is estimated for more than two consecutive months.
- Scrutinize your account regularly and report any discrepancies as soon as possible to our Front Office Agents.
- Keep your receipted statements on a safe place for future references.
- Read our monthly newsletter as it contains important information.